This plant located @ 585 Woodruff 816, Augusta, Arkansas began operation in 1966 and still operates today. The plant was named after Arkansas Governor Carl E. Bailey was a leader in passing the Arkansas 1937 legislation that authorized the formation of Arkansas's electric co-operatives. Augusta native, Thomas Fitzhugh was also instrumental in this historical legislation that lit-up rural Arkansas.
- Photo Credit: Boyles Collection
- Source: Arkansas Living Magazine 11/2016
- Source: www.aecc.com